You have just arrived or you are planning to relocate to Luxembourg? The Ministry of Education is here to support you when it comes to the schooling of your child.
The School Integration and Welcoming Service (Service de l’intégration et de l’accueil scolaires, SIA):
- welcomes all families who have recently arrived in Luxembourg;
- offers information and counseling for the pupils and their parents on all questions related to the Luxembourgish
- provides an individual monitoring during two years.
There are four stages in welcoming newly arrived pupils to Luxembourg:
- Appointement: Appointement request made by the family (before arriving in Luxembourg: possibility to contact the SIA);
- Support: The SIA assists the family with an intercultural mediator if necessary;
- Guidance: Orientation suggestion towards an adequate class;
- Monitoring: Monitoring of the pupil during two years.
To benefit from the welcoming, counselling and monitoring services offered by SIA, you can make an appointment online. The meeting request form is available in: Arabic, Bosnian/Croatian/Montenegrin/Serbian, Chinese, English, Farsi, French, German, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Tigrinya and Ukrainian:
Appointments can be made at the SIA offices in Luxembourg City or by video conference, if necessary.
The information flyer is available in multiple languages: