Improve your writing, reading or calculation skills
Basic training is free of charge. It is available in French, German or Portuguese.
There are two formulas:
- Basic training courses are aimed at a group of adult learners following the same programme.
- In the basic training workshops, teaching is organised in small groups, with an individualised programme.
New sessions start every quarter in the different regions of the country: Wiltz, Ettelbruck, Warken, Echternach, Kirchberg, Belval.
A guidance session where individual knowledge and personal projects of the learners will be considered, is conducted prior to the admission to the course.
These courses and workshops are mostly aimed at:
- beginners acquiring literacy in the German or in the French language
- people who have already acquired some knowledge of French, German or Portuguese and who wish to improve their basic skills :
- navigating in an increasingly digitalized world
The pace of learning is adapted to the socio-professional situation and can vary between two and six hours per week.
These basic skills will provide a solid foundation for more autonomous and advanced future studies.
Courses are also organised by associations and municipalities.
Registrations are done without an appointment at the Maison de l’orientation:
Department of Adult Education (Service de la formation des adultes, SFA)
Maison de l'orientation
29, rue Aldringen
Opening hours: Monday to Friday from 10:00 to 12:00 and from 13:00 to 17:00