The actors implementing the measures and projects for young people, whether they are youth associations or structures acting for young people benefit from a financial support from the Ministry of National Education, Children and Youth. The ministry may grant subsidies for specific measures and activities in favour of youth; official organisations as well as de facto associations may benefit from this funding.
Further information on the application procedure can be found in the following documents:
- Subsides pour mesures en faveur de la jeunesse - dispositions (pdf - 97 Ko)
- Subsides pour mesures en faveur de la jeunesse - formulaire (docx - 47 Ko)
In addition to subsidies, another way for the ministry to support youth services, is to enter into agreements with them. This is the case for the following services.
Maisons des jeunes
Fifty-four Maisons des jeunes (youth centres) and their annexes, organised at municipal or regional level, welcome young people aged 12 to 26. Young people are free to use these meeting, information and entertainment facilities to meet friends, take time out, get information, talk to an social pedagogue (éducateur) or take part in sports, cooking, dancing, excursions, etc.
They are supervised by professionals from the education sector, in accordance with the quality assurance system introduced by the ministry in 2017. The work of the youth centres is in the context of non-formal education. The educational approach encourages personal development, autonomy, initiative and contribution to society.
Youth services at the municipal level are usually youth centres, run by non-profit associations or municipalities. The costs of these services are shared for up to 50% by the ministry and 50% by the cities or municipalities, in which they are located. Luxembourg currently counts 45 youth centres and about 10 ancillary centres.
Youth services at national level
The following youth services have entered into agreements with the ministry for specific missions:
- Entente des gestionnaires des maisons de jeunes
- Centre national d’information pour jeunes
- Conférence nationale de la jeunesse du Luxembourg, representing 29 youth organisations,
- Service d'assistance aux formateurs et animateurs bénévoles - SAFAB by the Lëtzebuerger Guiden a Scouten,
- Service Formation de la Fédération nationale des Éclaireurs et des Éclaireuses
- Centrale des auberges de jeunesse luxembourgeoises
- Centre de médiation
- Holidays for young people organised by Croix-Rouge, the Foyer de la femme and Caritas Jeunes et Familles,
- Kanner- a Jugendtelefon organized by Caritas Jeunes et Familles
- Organisation service of Sportkrees Attert
- Groupement européen des Ardennes et de l’Eiffel
- Le mérite jeunesse
- Lëtzebuerger Landjugend
- Anonym glécksspiller a.s.b.l.
- Radio Graffiti
These services are entirely financed by the State.