The Ministry of Education is once again sharing the next TEDxEducation event organised by TEDxLuxembourgCity.
This event follows the enormous success of TEDxEducation 2021 where 100 people attended live at the Forum Geesseknäppchen and over 1500 people attended online. This year, thanks to fewer Covid restrictions, everyone can attend in-person! There will be no live-streaming.
The theme of the 2022 event is ‘Technology EDUCATION Design’ where nine speakers will present their “Ideas Worth Spreading”. The conference will bring together 250 students, parents, teachers, school leaders and interested parties to discuss the present and future of education.
The event will once again take place at Forum Geesseknäppchen on 29th of June, 2022 at 5:00pm. Tickets are still available on the website: www.TEDxLuxembourgCity.org. The tickets are free of charge.
Nine speakers will present short and inspiring talks and performances, lasting no more than 15 minutes each. The speakers include the two students that won the 2022 TEDxLuxembourgCity Idea and Design competition:
- Aurelia Wells – 15, Award-Winning Poet student at Athénée de Luxembourg
- Krzesimir Hyżyk – 17, Inventor of SLL programming language) student at Ecole Européenne Luxembourg I
Other speakers at the TEDxLuxembourgCityED 2022 include:
- Arne Hessenbruch – Lecturer of Innovation at Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) and author. PhD from University of Cambridge.
- Bob Reuter – Cognitive Psychologist and Lecturer of ICT in education at the University of Luxembourg.
- Dean Kauffmann – Awarding-winning, Luxembourgish designer (Luxembourg Design Awards and James Dyson Award) and Luxembourgish entrepreneur, CEO of 3DPrint.lu.
- Madeleine de Hauke – Doctor of life sciences and founder of Business4Good conscious leadership consultancy.
- Joe Muñoz – Luxembourgish Teacher and Multidisciplinary Artist. Inventor of “MUNIS” a frequently used graphic character made for children to be creative
- Lukas Pairon – Founder of SIMM (Social Impacts of Music-Making). First academic chair on social action and music-making. Founder of Music Fund in Gaza (Palestine) and in Kinshasa (DR Congo).
- Jazz Combo from Conservatoire de la Ville de Luxembourg – musicians are: Roxane Stroesser – voice, Alessandro Biasi – saxophone, Mateus Wojda – guitar, Yacine Belmahi – bass, Pedro Gonzalez - drums
In the spirit of ideas worth sharing, TEDx is a program of local, self-organised events that bring people together to share a TED-like experience. At a TEDx event, live speakers spark deep discussion and connection in a smaller group. These local, self-organised events are branded TEDx, where ‘x’ = independently-organised TED event. The TED Conference provides general guidance for the TEDx program, but individual TEDx events are self-organised. TEDxLuxembourgCity is operated under license from TED.
TED is an annual event where some of the world’s leading thinkers and doers are invited share what they are most passionate about. “TED” stands for technology, entertainment, design – three broad subject areas that are collectively shaping our future. In fact the event is broader still, showcasing ideas that matter in any discipline. Attendees have called it “the ultimate brain spa” and a “four-day journey into the future”. The diverse audience – CEOs, scientists, creatives, philanthropists -- is almost as extraordinary as speakers, who have included Bill Gates, Frank Gehry, Sir Richard Branson, Philippe Starck, Pope Francis, Elon Musk and Bono.