When registering your child in the chèque-service accueil scheme A personalised enrolment card with your child’s name on it was sent to you. This "myCard fir Kanner” card gives you access to a secure space on the website www.staarkkanner.lu, where you will find a number of functions:
- educational materials
- access to your CSA invoices and monthly statements
- and the possibility to edit the weeks during which the free of charge offer of the plurilingual education program does not apply.
The amended legislation on youth provides that the 20 hours of plurilingual education per week free of charge are offered for 46 weeks per calendar year. In principle, there are six weeks in the year during which these 20 hours per week do not apply.
For 2021 they are by default, as follows:
- the first week of the Easter holiday, from 5 to 11 April 2021 ;
- the week of the Whitsun holiday, from 24 to 30 May 2021 ;
- the week during the summer holiday from 26 July to 1st August 2021 ;
- the week during the summer holiday from 2 to 8 August 2021 ;
- the week of the All-Saints holiday, from 1st to 7 November 2021 ;
- the first week of the Christmas holiday, from 20 to 26 December 2021.
Without any action on your part, it will thus be during these six weeks in 2021 that your child will not have the benefit of the 20 hours of plurilingual education per week free of charge. If needed, you can edit the allotment of the weeks.
The change can be made at any time before the end of the billing period.
It is strongly recommended to place the 6 weeks of childcare free of charge during school holidays, as during these weeks the price of childcare is always capped at €100/week (meals and extras not included).
Once the month has ended, you will no longer be able to change which weeks will not be free of charge. Any re-invoicing will be based on this choice of weeks.
In your personal space “Espace chèque-service”, you will find a video that explains how to use this function.
Your child’s card remains valid until he or she ends primary school (fondamentale), in other words, a new card is not delivered each year when you renew your chèque-service accueil contract. For frequently asked questions about "myCard", please click here.